My Grandchildren

From Collages
Featured above are four of my six grandchildren.

gahome2mom Headline Animator

Book & Product Reviewer

My family and I enjoy reading good books. We receive free books and in return review them. Here are publishers and public relations that I review for Robert Rose, Inc., Schiffer Publishing and Ulysses, First Wild Card Tours, Hachette Book Group/Book Blog(FaithWords), Thomas Nelson/BookSneeze and Tyndale House Publishers. You can read book reviews, sign up to win giveaways and much more on GAhome2mom or Loving Heart Designs blogs.

We have been homeschooling since 1989. We are interested in reviewing educational books, CD's, DVD's, games, toys and more. If you have a product that you would like us to review and/or would like us to host a giveaway of your product, please contact us today. (Email with PR request to the following: GAhome2mom at gahome2mom/gmail/com)

You can learn more about us on my profile. My daughters are ages from 9 to 31 years old. My six grandchildren range from 3 years to 11 years old. I have three step-children as well. (20's)

Social Media Connections
:: Facebook :: Google + :: Pinterest :: Twitter :: Zazzle ::


Also, from Loving Heart Designs check out the latest reviews and contests. I even share recipes. Why not go see what contest are happening now?

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Julie & Julia by Julie Powell

Julie & Julia - My Year of Cooking Dangerously
by Julie Powell

"Irresistible .... A kind of Bridget Jones meets The French Chef." - Dianna Marder, Philadelphia Inquirer

Julie & Julia, the bestselling memoir that's "irresistible....A kind of Bridget Jones meets The French Chef" (Philadelphia Inquirer), is now a major motion picture. Julie Powell, nearing thirty and trapped in a dead-end secretarial job, resolves to reclaim her life by cooking in the span of a single year, every one of the 524 recipes in Julia Child's legendary Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Her unexpected reward: not just a newfound respect for calves' livers and aspic, but a new life-lived with gusto. The film version is written and directed by Nora Ephron and stars Amy Adams as Julie and Meryl Streep as Julia.

Browse this book:



Read & Listen to Exerts or Download a Podcast of Julie & Julia by Julie Powell at www.HachetteBookGroup.com.

My thoughts ...

I used to watch Julie Child on PBS. There are many women that need to salute her for being the forerunner in cooking shows. What do you say ... Paula Deen, Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee? I think this is a wonderful book, well thought out and hilarious. As are many others, I am delighted and impressed. Bravo! I can't wait to see the movie. lol

Prizey Pick
Win it! Thanks to Julie Powell and Hachette Book Group, I am giving to 5 readers one copy of Julie & Julia by Julie Powell. (Value of $18.70 and up.)

This contest is over. Thank you.

This contest will run until July 19th, 2009. The books will be shipped by Hachette. If a winner fails to reply within 48 hrs, a new winner will be chosen. Also, if you have won this book in a previous giveaway, please tell us so we can pick another winner. Thank you.



~GAhome2mom
http:gahome2mom.blogspot.com

My Daughters Zazzle Store