gahome2mom Headline Animator
I am a stay-at-home Christian wife and mommy of five beautiful and talented daughters. I have seven grandchildren and three adult step-children.
Friday, June 26, 2009
The Woman Who Named God by Charlotte Gordon
The Woman Who Named God: Abraham's Dilemma and The Birth of Three Faiths
By Charlotte Gordon / Little Brown & Company
* How did the ancient story of Abraham, Sarah, and Hagar---Ishmael and Isaac---become one of the least understood and most frequently misinterpreted? Gordon explores the legendary love triangle, offering a startling perspective on its very human characters---and shedding light on the ongoing conflict between the Judeo-Christian and Islamic worlds. 288 pages, hardcover from Little, Brown.
THE WOMAN WHO NAMED GOD is a compelling, smart, and provocative take on one of the Bible's most intriguing and troubling love stories.
* Charlotte Gordon's website
* A Conversation with Charlotte Gordon
* Author Article "People Often Ask How I..."
* The Woman Who Named God by Charlotte Gordon (Hachette)
My thoughts ...
Once I began reading "The Woman Who Named God" by Charlotte Gordon, I was a little reserved at first. I am a Christian and her book shares various religions and beliefs in this book besides Christianity. As I kept reading, I began to feel more at ease. I believe she has done a wonderful job presenting us with information about Abraham, Sarah and the rest of his family. You will find she shares input from a Christian view point as well as many others. I have learned alot.
This contest is over. Thank you.
Thanks to our friends at the Hachette Book Group, I am thrilled to give away to 5 copies of “The Woman Who Named God" by Charlotte Gordon.
This contest runs until July 27th, 2009 and is open to US and Canada only and no PO boxes, please. The books will be shipped by Hachette.If a winner fails to reply within 48 hrs, a new winner will be chosen. Also, if you have won this book in a previous giveaway, please tell us so we can pick another winner. Thank you.