My Grandchildren

From Collages
Featured above are four of my six grandchildren.

gahome2mom Headline Animator

Book & Product Reviewer

My family and I enjoy reading good books. We receive free books and in return review them. Here are publishers and public relations that I review for Robert Rose, Inc., Schiffer Publishing and Ulysses, First Wild Card Tours, Hachette Book Group/Book Blog(FaithWords), Thomas Nelson/BookSneeze and Tyndale House Publishers. You can read book reviews, sign up to win giveaways and much more on GAhome2mom or Loving Heart Designs blogs.

We have been homeschooling since 1989. We are interested in reviewing educational books, CD's, DVD's, games, toys and more. If you have a product that you would like us to review and/or would like us to host a giveaway of your product, please contact us today. (Email with PR request to the following: GAhome2mom at gahome2mom/gmail/com)

You can learn more about us on my profile. My daughters are ages from 9 to 31 years old. My six grandchildren range from 3 years to 11 years old. I have three step-children as well. (20's)

Social Media Connections
:: Facebook :: Google + :: Pinterest :: Twitter :: Zazzle ::


Also, from Loving Heart Designs check out the latest reviews and contests. I even share recipes. Why not go see what contest are happening now?

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'll Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse

Thomas Nelson

I'll Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse: Insider Business Tips from a Former Mob Boss
By Michael Franzese / Thomas Nelson

I choose this book for my husband to read because he is a fan of Mob movies and books. Also, I was curious as to how this book ended up in the hands of Thomas Nelson.

Here is what my husband had to say about this book …

I like this book because of the simplicity of the business practices that were used by the Mob in running a successful business. It is like reading a book about good versus evil, where good always triumphs over the latter.

Each technique is talked about and demonstrated by the Mob and how this same principle is used with successful business men today. It uses the comparisons of Machiavelli a sixteenth-century Italian philosopher and King Solomon of the Bible.

As a business man myself, I have always been challenged to be profitable. This book outlines good character practices viewed as one that takes the low road and the one that takes the high road with both being successful in their world. However, in the end, crime doesn't pay - just ask Michael Franzese.

Reviewed by John Carter 05/03/2009

~gahome2mom
http://gahome2mom.blogspot.com

No comments:

My Daughters Zazzle Store